As a seller, it is beneficial to have a house inspection done. A house inspection proves to the buyer that you have nothing to hide. Any problems that are noticed can be fixed, saving you time and money. Given below are some suggestions in order to get a house ready for inspection.
- Electricals – Check all the lights and electric appliances, switches, and sockets. Fix them if they are not working.
- Plumbing – Check the sinks and toilets to see if they are working properly. Unclog them if necessary, and fix any leaks.
- Garden – Trim the trees and bushes. Cut the grass and keep the landscape clean, tidy and maintained.
- Frames, doors, and windows – Check for cracks and creaks. Any broken windows and creaking hinges should be fixed.
- Basement, walls and attic – Check for cracks and water leaks. If present get them fixed.
- Pests – Check for mold, ants, termites, and other pests, and make sure to get rid of them.
- Clean – Dust and de-clutter the house. Make sure the inspector will be having proper access. Clean all heaters, ventilators and AC units and change their air filters.
In the current real estate market in Melbourne, home inspections is an extremely useful tool both for the seller and the buyer. A property which has been inspected is more likely to be sold. Lastly, do remember not to hide anything about the house from the inspector as it can have a negative impact.